Hello~!
I think I'm in luck today. =D
Went for Psychology's final test of the semester this afternoon. Before the test we have like 13 questions to prepare beforehand, and we have to draw lots to decide which question each of us have to answer.
Firstly when Grace was the answerer, Ms Tan happened to pick me as the questioner. Then the next round happened to be me as the answerer and Grace was the questioner. Super coincidental, but it's good la. And the question I was supposed to answer was the topic that my group did for presentation - Major Depressive Disorder. Lucky enough right?
So I practically blabbered on and on about it, especially for the Treatment part, cause it's totally in my head.
Some of the treatment methods for Major Depressive Disorder is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychoanalytically-oriented therapy, Interpersonal therapy, Electro-convulsive therapy and Pharmacotherapy. Cognitive Behavioural therapy actually corrects negative thinking and dysfunctional thoughts, overcome pessismism and hopelessness, to improve the mood of patients so that they will feel better and gain a new insight towards life.
Psychoanalytically-oriented therapy actually rely on hypnosis, reeducation and suggestion. Interpersonal therapy aims to improve the current social situation, enables the patient to speak effectively and develop better social skills so as to improve communication and reduce their pressure. Electro-convulsive therapy involves seizures to be induced into anaesthetised patients and are usually reserved for patients who do not respond to other forms of treatment and those who are in danger of harming themselves and others. Pharmacotherapy actually involves the prescription of antidepressant drugs by doctors, they can try out different dosages and combinations of medicine until the best combination was found as different medicine reacts differently with different people.
I think I'll remember this for a very long time.
Time for revision for the main modules.
BFI, here I come.
Gang, jiayou okay? Look forward to the last day we go eat steamboat! =P